- California Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys Association
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- California Self-Insurers Association
- Industrial Claims Association
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of California – 2011
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D. – 2009
- Legal Studies at Trinity Universityin Dublin Ireland & Universitat De Barcelona, Spain – 2007
- University of California Santa Barbara – 2006
- B.A. Law & Society, B.A. Communications, Minor History – Cum Laude
- Moot Court Case Counselor
- State of California Bar Association’s Wiley M. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
Andrea J. Smith
Senior Associate Attorney
Ms. Smith, Senior Associate Attorney, joined D’Andre Law at their Oakland office in May 2011. Bay Area native, Ms. Smith, handles appearances throughout Northern California including but not limited to Oakland, San Francisco, Stockton and Santa Rosa. Focusing on all aspects of workers’ compensation law, she defends self-insured employers, public entities, insurance carriers, and their adjusting agencies.
Prior to becoming an associate attorney, Ms. Smith began as a legal intern with D’Andre Law. Since then, she has become wellrounded in the complete management of workers’ compensation claims resolution. Her practice includes everything from subrogation to contribution issues. Ms. Smith also had great success expediting settlement documents for pro-per claimants for clients throughout the firm.
During law school, Ms. Smith mediated claims in Small Claims Court in San Diego and received her Mediation Certification. As a certified legal intern for the Insurance Fraud Division of the District Attorney, she prosecuted workers’ compensation fraud actions.
Ms. Smith is an experienced lecturer and has given lectures on a variety of workers’ compensation topics and case law updates. She is also active in the workers’ compensation community. She is currently President of the Diablo Valley Industrial Claims Association.